Sequestration Meal #466

 


One of my favorite styles of meal is just a variety of veggies, and this did not disappoint. Here we have some balsamic spinach and mushrooms (recipe from Served from Scratch), garlic parmesan white beans and tomatoes, carrots, and sour cream and chives mashed potatoes.

The beans were something I made riffing of an omnivore recipe, and I'd definitely make something like this again--it's even easier than my usual beans I make to add protein to plates of veggies, and the flavors were great. I made several substitutions, so it isn't very much like the original, but the technique and general outlines were there.

As usual, balsamic vinegar stained the greens so the spinach is very dark, but it tasted good!

The sour cream and chives potatoes were an experiment I tried on the basis of having lots of chives from a co-worker, and wow, I am glad I did! They was so good! I used Tofutti sour cream. There's a reason sour cream and chives are such a classic combination.

I don't know if most people would want to combine all this stuff in one meal, but I loved it.

Comments

  1. Why do I never think to buy chives? I get mint and cilantro regularly, heck even rosemary every now and then for roasted potatoes, but never think to get chives. I could really go for a baked potato right now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chives are not that prominently displayed in most grocery stores, and you usually get just a small bit if you do find them. One of the mysteries of life.

      Delete
  2. I have never thought to mash sour cream into potatoes before, but I definitely want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically any of your not-sweet dairy substitutes can be mashed into potatoes with reasonably good results! Cream cheese, sour cream, cheese shreds, creamer, unsweetened milk, butter--it all works.

      Delete
  3. Hi there! I was having problems commenting on your site so I started a new Google Acct. I've been MIA for a while but am going to try and catch up on posting and commenting on your posts, too! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there! I hope you're doing okay. Not sure what the problem was for you commenting. I may need to change the background colors to make stuff show up. I don't know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts