Sequestration Meal #467

 


When I found vegan fish sticks at my local store, of course I bought them, even though they're about $3 per serving and I typically spend about that much on four servings of protein. I hadn't had a fish stick in longer than I can remember, and I want to encourage this store to branch out from chick'n nuggets.

I had these very convincing sticks 'o not-fish with homemade tartar sauce and some macaroni (shells) and cheese with broccoli (recipe from Dietitian Debbie). Something about this macaroni and cheese recipe makes a good first meal and then quite disappointing leftovers, but that's the way it goes sometimes. So I just added a generous amount of seasoned salt to the leftovers and some soy milk and they perked right up. It was a delightful, nostalgic meal. Although I think I like Gardein's fishless filets better, these were like some sort of happy memory.

Comments

  1. This looks like a wonderful nostalgia meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, we all need to remember what it was like to be five.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts